- Meet at Kids’ Cove at 8:45 a.m.
- FaithWorks service team will help keep our parks clean by assisting in clean-up of litter on the beach and at Kids’ Cove playground from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. This is for all individuals who want a great outdoor experience.
- Please bring gloves, a trash bag and a trash grabber (optional).
Service Project: Root River Festival set-up
- At Island Park; arrive at 8:30 a.m.
- FaithWorks service team will assist with set-up for the Root River festival from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. (We could start showing up any time after 8:30 or so.) This is best suited for up to twelve individuals who are teenagers and over.
- The Root River Festival takes place at Island Park from noon to 6:00 p.m. Our group would help with set-up, things like putting up signs and flyers, tables and chairs, and directing non-profit groups to their booth spots. Everyone is also welcome to return in the afternoon to enjoy the free carnival.
Service Project: Sharing Your Love
- FaithWorks service team will help share your creative and loving thoughts with others. This activity includes writing letters to soldiers, and/or working with kids to create birthday or miscellaneous cards to cheer others up, such as shut-ins, nursing home residents, and kids in the hospital.
- Everyone is welcome; we ask however that a parent remain with younger kids. The event is from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and can be done indoors.
- Please bring any old cards, buttons, and other items to decorate cards and any other items you may want to use.
Service Project: Window Washing
- The kids’ window washing team will gather with Nancy Smith at Monument Square at 8:45 a.m.
Service Project: Zoo Gardening
- Meet outside the Racine Zoo at 8:45 a.m.
- FaithWorks service team will help keep our zoo beautiful by assisting in weeding the current garden beds at the Zoo from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. This is for all individuals who have experience in gardening and are familiar with different weeds and common flowers.
- Please bring your garden gloves, cutters, shovels, and other tools you normally use for weeding. Please make sure to wear your God’s Work, Our Hands t-shirt; it is your admission to the Zoo grounds.
FaithWorks Fall Festival: God’s Work. Our Hands. Sunday, September 7, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 1015 Four Mile Road, Racine.